Monday, June 14, 2010

Albany Pride Parade

Sunday June 13th was Albany, NY's annual Gay Pride Parade. I have lived here for 7 (8?) years and have missed it every year. Luckily, I managed to catch the very end of it this year. Next year I will try and see the beginning of the parade, too.

Here is Citizen Action of New York marching in the parade.


Gay dog. I like this pooch's scarf. Pretty and very fitting. There was one detractor trying to march at the end of the parade, but let's just say that the LGBT community is very tolerant and nice, and knows that ignoring an attention seeker is the better way to go than anything else. I'm surprised the cops didn't tell the person to leave, but not very surprised.


Gay tent! There was lots of free stuff inside the tent. I like the shwag giveaways at festivals.

Ran into fellow bloggers and walked around with them. Very cool. When I first moved to Albany I didn't know how people ran into folks at all of these festivals. Live here a few years and you'll run in to people you know too. I like that - it makes me feel popular.

Lady Gay Gay! I like this Lady GaGa impersonator. Even better is that you don't know if it's a man or a woman. Either gender, she is fierce!

A look inside the tent. This is GE's healthymagination team promoting things. Very progressive of them.


Finished up Pride by walking around town and looking at the front of Lark Tavern. There's a notebook people have jotted some stuff down. And of course this guy wrote something. Funny way to end the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment